|Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants.
Registration details and payment must be received by April 21, 2018 to ensure inclusion of the abstract in conference publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation Graphs/images/tables.We recommend using word-processing software as Word for revising your abstract and for counting the number of words.
Abstracts must be submitted via this website and must be written in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling with quality suitable for publication. Your submission limit is 500 words with a minimum of 130 words.a: You will not be able to make changes after pressing the “publish” button
b: You will not receive a copy
c: Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be included on the word file.
**Please note that images may need to be reduced for final printing .The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 20 words.
During the upload, your abstract will be checked automatically for the number of words used.
POSTER PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
In order to efficiently communicate the results of your research to the viewers, you are kindly requested to devote considerable effort in the design of your poster. Please pay attention to details by carefully following the instructions outlined below:
Sample of Poster
EQUIPMENT FOR POSTER DISPLAY
- A large display board giving a display area of approximately 900mm wide x 1200mm high will be provided for your poster display. Please refer to the above diagram.
- Please note that individual pieces of paper should be pre-mounted onto one large piece of paper or card.
- The poster display boards are made of melamine, therefore compatible with double side tape and adhesive Velcro. Fixers will be provided to all poster presenters at the Congress. Staff will be available to assist you.
- A header panel with your poster number will be provided and will only be visible on the morning your poster is due to go up. Please ensure that your poster title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract are printed on your poster
- Please refer to the Final Program book that you will receive upon arrival at the Congress for the poster board number assigned to you.
- Please use the board with the same number.
- Make your title short to summarise the message of the research
- Do not include references unless it is imperative
- Try to avoid using several A4 sheets. Please note that individual pieces of paper should be pre-mounted onto one large piece of paper or card.
- The reading order of the a poster should be down columns, rather than across rows
- Use just one or two colours on a plain coloured background
- Put the conclusions in a prominent panel (preferably at the bottom of the poster)
- Watermarks in the middle of a poster tend to distract
- Do not justify the column text if there are few words to a line
- Be selective in your use of bullet points, perhaps only in the conclusion
- Poster body text must be readable from 2 metres (with possible exception of references) and the title from 4-5 metres
- Mostly avoid capital letters except at the beginning of sentences and proper nouns
- Use a black sans serif font eg Arial or Gill Sans throughout
- Do not underline anything
- Use a bolder, larger typeface for the main titles and headings. It can be effective to use a different typeface for headings and subheadings
- To emphasize body text, use a bold or italic font
- Check the draft of your poster very carefully to ensure that there are no typographical or style errors.
- Use matt (non reflective) encapsulation to protect the poster